It is only wise that homeowners keep their place safe from burglars and dangers. As technologies continue to develop, we can see more and more advanced inventions taking place to improve security at homes, and to let homeowners feel much more safe with their families and friends. One such example of latest security technologies being deployed in many residences and business establishments today is the smart door locking system.
This technology makes use of control systems which typically consist of diverse components such as sensors for signal acquisition (elements transmitting the information to the command and control unit), and actuators that perform or trigger the required action. Since this type of control systems are still developing, some stages need to be seen to understand its purpose and how it is integrated to provide safety at homes and establishments.
First-generation smart system originated from object recognition devices like multifunctional devices for surgery and mostly machines that depends on computer language. Second-generation intelligent smart systems are miniatured organs used as artificial reactors to enable the body to function according to its original phase, and environmental sensor networks. And lastly, third-generation smart systems are combined intelligence and the cognitive functions of different virtual representation of the physical world, which most smart door lock systems use nowadays.
The integration of third-generation smart system with the traditional door lock technology has been the talk of the town since this kind of technology provides a better way to secure properties. To give you more insight, here are some advantages that you can consider when a using smart door system:
• Easily Detects the Presence of Employees/Homeowners – Instead of locks and keys, smart door lock control systems allow you to access using badges or cards with a card reader system. This reduces the hassle of managing security when an employee leaves your company and you want to avoid unauthorized entry. Since most of the smart door systems are installed with cognitive functions interfaces, the program can identify anyone entering as authorized or not and thus ensures enhanced safety at homes and offices.
• Ensures High-Security Measures – Any unwelcome guest can easily break into your home, no matter how strong your lock is. But a smart door system is a hard nut to crack as it is a keyless system. Their mechanism is based on the security protocols deployed in bank systems. This means their digital encryption mode can’t be duplicated or broken.
• Designed for Physically Impaired People and the Elderly – Most of the time, elderly people, and physically disabled ones have a hard time opening doors since they lack the strength to twist and turn door knobs, and at times the weight of manual entries can cause certain accidents like falling or tripping before opening the door. Smart door system is also designed for such people to let them open doors in a convenient manner, as they now don’t have to twist and turn knobs, doors can automatically open once the sensors detect their presence nearby the door.
• Low Maintenance – There is also less expense involved as there’s no need to re-key a door or change the locks, you will only need some identification card or biometrics to have access with this type of entry.
• Heightened Connectivity –This type of technology can be controlled from all your devices, including smartphones, laptops, and tablets. This will help you to adequately protect your home or offices even if you are far away or simply don’t want to be interrupted at the moment.
Although this technology may seem costly at first, it is a good investment to make as it ensures high-level safety that can save up your business a lot of money in the long run. Switch now to smart door locking system so that you can have a secured and safe environment that you, your family and your employees can enjoy.
Rithumitha is a young entrepreneur who co-founded Digipasar – a startup that aims to enhance people’s life with the best use of smart technology and innovations. Her passion for design and eye for details make her strongly believe that even small things can make a big difference in what we see. This belief drives to her give her best in whatever she does. Find out more on her LinkedIn and check out their TechYourSpace platform!