“I wanna see a new place. But don’t know where should I go?” “I haven’t traveled much. What should be my first Exotic Destination?” Well, if you are the one asking all these questions, then there are several factors that are going to influence the answer. Whenever you are planning to travel, there are several considerations that you need to keep in mind, namely interests, budget, time of the year, experience and the comfort level that you are seeking. But if you are a newbie to traveling, then nothing is better to start the adventure of your life than Southeast Asia.
When you are travelling to SE Asia, you would find surprises in every nook and corner. Doesn’t matter if you are visiting this part of the globe first time or are a seasoned traveler, Southeast Asia always manages to surprise you. And if you have opted for backpacking, then it is the icing on the cake. So, we have brought you a few tips that would surely help you while you are backpacking in Southeast Asia.
1. Always keep toilet paper with you as you won’t find them in the public toilets. So, it is better to carry your stock with yourself.
2. Before taking the flight to Southeast Asia, research about the cab fares. Ask the experts how much would it charge from the airport or train station to your accommodation. Never settle for the very first cab that you see. Ask around and you would get a rough idea of the fares.
3. Finding ATMs in Southeast Asia is no big deal. When you are travelling in the cities, you would easily find them on the roads or in shopping malls. But there can be certain odd spots such as the countryside or villages where you won’t find any ATM. So, it is better to carry cash in advance.
4. When it comes to technology and WiFi, most of the Southeast Asia is pretty advanced. So, you don’t have to buy the local SIM card or even a map. There is public WiFi, free of cost and you can easily connect your phone with it.
5. Always carry USD with you. In case you run out of the local currency, USD is the one currency that is pretty much acceptable at all the hotels and resorts.
6. When you are backpacking in Southeast Asia, you are going to cover several countries and this means that you have to cross the borders as well. So, it is advised to prepare the necessary documents and book yourself the mode of commute before.
7. Weather is one thing that you need to take care of while traveling to Southeast Asia. It can be quite unpredictable at times. It isn’t sunny always and you should avoid rainy season if you are planning to Visit An Island. Avoid April as summers are on the peak and you would be sweating all the time. The best time to visit these countries is from October till March.
8. When you are in Southeast Asia, don’t get scared of the street food as it is one of the best ways to connect with the Local Culture. Usually, the street food is made with fresh ingredients and that too in front of your eyes. So treat your taste buds to some of the best cuisine of the earth.
With that being said, these are a few tips that would certainly help you while you are backpacking in Southeast Asia. Want to know more about this beautiful part of the globe? Then, stay tuned with us.